The following is a summary of incidents in Bethesda to which Montgomery County police responded recently. The words "arrested" and "charged" do not imply guilt.
2nd DistrictAttempted robbery
* On Feb. 9 at 11:24 p.m. at Executive Boulevard and Woodglen Drive in North Bethesda. The robber threatened the victim and attempted to remove property. The robber was described as a black man, 35-45, 5 feet 9 inches to 6 feet tall, braided hair, wearing a green puffy coat.
Attempted armed robbery
* On Feb. 13 at 9:45 p.m. in the 5500 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Chevy Chase. Three males wearing black ski masks assaulted the victim and attempted to remove property.
* On Feb. 11 at 11 p.m. in the 5300 block of Flanders Avenue in North Bethesda. Two robbers assaulted the victim and obtained property. They were described as male, 6 feet to 6 feet 2 inches tall, 160-180 pounds, wearing black masks.
Theft* On Feb. 7 at a construction site in the 7500 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda.
Vehicle larceny* Colchester Road, Colfax Street, Ewell Avenue and Washington Street all South Kensington, between Feb. 7 and Feb. 8. Six vehicles targeted, all had been left unlocked, loose items taken.
* Westfield Mall, 7101 Democracy Blvd. in Bethesda, during the afternoon/evening hours between Feb. 6 and Feb. 14. Three vehicles parked in the lot targeted, cash, recently purchased clothes, jewelry, computers, electronics taken.
* 4800 block of Langdrum Lane in Chevy Chase, at 12:30 a.m. Feb. 15. Forced entry, unknown if anything taken.