Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
E-mail this article
Print this Article

A Pomfret teenager has been charged with assault and reckless endangerment after he allegedly pulled a gun in a Waldorf tattoo shop on March 24.

An employee at Prodigy Inc. Tattoos and Piercings told police he and Terence Andrew Dyson, 19, got into an argument after Dyson walked into the shop with a baby, according to charging papers.

The argument escalated into a physical altercation, with the employee and Dyson pushing each other.

When the employee grabbed a stun gun and ordered Dyson out of the shop, Dyson pulled a silver handgun and, holding it at his side, made a “threaten[ing] statement towards” the employee, the papers state.

Dyson left the store, but the argument continued outside in the parking lot. Dyson left in a black Chevy Impala after the employee said he was going to call police, the records state.

After a police lookout for the Impala was broadcast, a Waldorf patrol officer spotted the vehicle turning off Old Washington Road onto Sub Station Road.

The officer pulled the car over and during a search found a silver .22-caliber handgun behind the rear passenger seat that Dyson had been sitting in, according to the documents. The gun was loaded with a round in the chamber, court papers state.

Dyson was identified at the tattoo shop as the person who pulled the handgun.

Dyson has been charged with first- and second-degree assault, reckless endangerment, carrying a handgun and use of a firearm in commission of a felony, according to online court records. He is being held on $50,000 bond and is scheduled for an April 20 hearing.

Dyson was previously charged with armed robbery and assault following a Jan. 7 shooting between two groups of people in Bryans Road that left two men hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

Officers responding to the shooting found a man who had been shot in the back in the basement of a home on Gerard Court, according to court documents.

Four other men in the home, including Dyson, told police they had been mugged by a stranger while walking near the intersection of Bucknell Road and Chippewa Street.

But police determined Dyson had been involved in a confrontation between two groups of people after speaking to another man who had been shot at the intersection, the papers state.

Dyson later admitted to detectives that he had a loaded gun at the intersection when the shooting occurred. He said he and some friends had gotten into a fight with another group of men he did not recognize, court records state.

Dyson was originally charged with attempted first- and second-degree murder, but a Jan. 30 indictment dropped the attempted murder counts. His trial is set for June 26.