ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


FEATURED JOBS



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Print this Article
advertisement

An accidental fire to a Huntingtown home that caused about $150,000 in damages has been ruled accidental by the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.

About 15 firefighters from the Huntingtown, Prince Frederick, Dunkirk and North Beach Volunteer Fire departments responded at 12:01 a.m. April 7 to a two-story, wood-framed, single-family home on Solomons Island Road for a reported fire, according to a press release. The fire was controlled in about 10 minutes and no injuries were reported.

Fire officials said the fire began after the clothes dryer vent became clogged. The fire extended to the wood framing around the vent and was confined to the basement area, the press release states. The homeowner discovered the fire, which caused about $100,000 in structural damage and about $50,000 in damage to its contents.

KATIE FITZPATRICK