ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


FEATURED JOBS



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Print this Article
advertisement

I attended the Catherine Foundation banquet last Friday night and was very pleased to see the 600 anti-abortion guests. However, I was a little puzzled to see so many African-Americans. Because 90 percent of black votes go to the pro-abortion rights Democratic Party, those must have been the other 10 percent. I can’t imagine any African-Americans being anti-abortion and voting for Democrats whose abortion policies have done so much harm to their community.

According to the U. S. Census Bureau, approximately 18 million abortions were performed on black women since 1973. At least 30 percent of the African-American population is missing because of abortion. Although blacks are only 13 percent of the population, approximately 35 percent of abortions are performed on black women, strongly suggesting that they are being targeted.

Since 1973, many African Americans have made abortionists rich and kept their facilities open by providing 35 percent of their business. Many black women have placed their souls in jeopardy by consenting to have their unborn babies murdered by abortion. Many African-American men have become accomplices by either condoning or encouraging those abortions. And too many churches, black and otherwise, have stood silently by and ignored that issue.

One of the polls in the article, “Anti-gay marriage group targets black voters” [Maryland Independent, Oct. 5] , said that 52 percent of black voters oppose same-sex marriage, which President Obama and many Democrats support. That and other articles suggest that blacks may be becoming disenchanted with the Democrats and may not vote or stay in the Democratic party.

The Democrats’ abortion policies alone should have caused them to leave years ago.

Robert Boudreaux, Waldorf