- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
• The Board of County Commissioners meeting and public hearing scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012 is canceled. The public hearing will be rescheduled.
• The three county senior centers will be closed. Meals on Wheels will not be delivered Tuesday.
• Calvert County Circuit Court and District Court will be closed on Tuesday.
• All county solid waste facilities, including the Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers, will be closed, Tuesday.
• County public transportation's regular routes will not be available. Special arrangements can be made for residents who do not have transportation and need to get to the shelter at Huntingtown High School, until conditions become hazardous. If you anticipate the need for temporary shelter, please plan accordingly.
• Calvert Library locations will be closed, Tuesday.
• County parks and the Calvert Marine Museum will be closed, Tuesday.
The county has established the following public information numbers: 410-535-0396 or 410-535-0314. These lines will be staffed until the immediate event passes. During regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), call 410-535-1600, ext. 2638. Questions or requests for information can also be sent by email to email@example.com.
Visit the Calvert County Government website at www.co.cal.md.us for updates.
Further hurricane preparedness information is available through the Maryland Emergency Management Agency online at www.mema.state.md.us. For the most up-to-date forecasts on the track of Hurricane Sandy, visit the National Weather Service at www.weather.gov.