- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
An electrical malfunction sparked a fire Nov. 5 that destroyed a detached garage in the 18100 block of Piedmont Drive in Cobb Island, the Maryland State Fire Marshal reported.
A neighbor discovered the fire, which investigators determined started at 9:59 a.m. No one was hurt, but the garage and its contents, which included a vehicle, were considered a total loss. The damage was estimated at $50,000.
It took 24 firefighters from volunteer departments in Cobb Island, Newburg, Bel Alton, La Plata, King George, Va., and the Naval District Washington Fire Department in Dahlgren, Va., about 15 minutes to put the fire out.