ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


FEATURED JOBS



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Print this Article
advertisement

A Wednesday afternoon accidental fire caused about $75,000 in damage to a St. Leonard home.

At 3:26 p.m. Wednesday, about 35 firefighters from the St. Leonard, Solomons Island, Prince Frederick and Huntingtown volunteer fire departments responded to a fire at a Williams Wharf Road single family home, according to a Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office press release.

Officials said the fire began in the basement laundry room and was determined to be accidental due to an electrical malfunction. The fire was discovered by the homeowner, who alerted other family members and called the police.

The fire was controlled in about 10 minutes and no injuries were reported. The fire caused about $65,000 in structural damage and about $10,000 in damage to its contents, the press release states.

KATIE FITZPATRICK