Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
E-mail this article
Print this Article

An accidental fire completely destroyed a Chesapeake Beach home Thursday evening.

Shortly after 10 p.m., about 65 firefighters from the North Beach, Dunkirk, Prince Frederick, Huntingtown and Anne Arundel fire departments responded to a single-family home on East Chesapeake Beach Road, said North Beach VFD chief Donald Gibson.

When firefighters responded to the fire, Gibson said, they found the “house was fully engulfed” in flames. He said the two occupants were able to get out of the house on their own, but one woman did receive burns from the fire. She was taken to the Washington Hospital Center Burn Center, Gibson said, and is expected to make a full recovery. The male occupant was not injured in the fire, he said.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire in about 15 minutes, Gibson said, and determined the cause of the fire was accidental from a fire in a fireplace that spread. The fire completely destroyed the house, he said.

“It was a total loss,” Gibson said.