Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
E-mail this article
Print this Article

A Lexington Park man was released this month on time served in pretrial custody on a pair of theft charges that he pleaded guilty to, including one filed by police alleging that he robbed at gunpoint a teenager who wanted to buy drugs from him.

Jeramey Kishan Bradshaw, now 24, also pleaded guilty to a charge of the possession of oxycodone. In each case, a judge sentenced Bradshaw to a prison sentence, suspended to 185 days in jail, and credited Bradshaw with already serving that number of days in jail.

From the onset, after he initially gained pretrial release on the robbery charge, Bradshaw said he would contest that allegation. Counts of armed robbery, first-degree assault and a firearms offense in a grand jury indictment from the October 2011 nighttime incident were dismissed through this month’s plea agreement.

St. Mary’s detectives arrested Bradshaw on initial district court charging papers alleging he stole $450, an electronic game console and cellphone from the teenager while sitting in a vehicle outside a home in the RiverBay neighborhood.

The teenager told investigators that he had contacted a friend named “Jeramey” by cellphone several days earlier to buy 30 Percocet pills from him for $450, according to court papers filed by the detectives. At RiverBay, the teenager told police, he called again and “Jeramey” and another man got in the vehicle, before the one known as Jeramey said “This is a robbery” while holding a large black revolver against the teenager’s chest.

Bradshaw said last fall that his accuser, a former friend, had “misused the system,” and that witnesses could testify that Bradshaw was sleeping in bed at the time of the alleged incident.

Bradshaw’s other guilty plea to theft this month was related to a 2008 Polaris all-terrain vehicle reported missing in October 2011 from a Clements area residence.

St. Mary’s Circuit Judge Michael J. Stamm ordered that Bradshaw be placed on supervised probation for two years, to be overseen in Prince George’s County, and that a restitution hearing be held next month.