- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
In the past two years my husband, John Savich, had numerous surgeries, procedures and treatments requiring specialized care “up the road,” but he always looked forward to getting back home to St. Mary’s County.
John died last week, and our family has a multitude of thank yous to extend, including some very specific ones to local resources we’ve come to value highly.
So, in addition to all the work associates who came forward, offering help and support to our family; and to our daughter’s caregiver-friends (Becky, Madison, Christina and Amanda), who gave us peace of mind, so that we could focus on John’s own immediate care needs, we wish to express particular gratitude to:
• Joan Gelrud, vice president, and Dr. Michael Somers, emergency medicine, MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital, for always helping to the fullest extent, and coordinating so well with D.C.-area hospitals.
• Staff and volunteers of Hospice of St. Mary’s, and physician Dr. J. Scott Tidball, Wildewood Medical Care.
• Chesapeake-Potomac Home Health Agency and nurse Cherry Delahay.
• ACTS (A Community That Shares), the local volunteer equipment loan program.
• The Leonardtown Volunteer Rescue Squad.
Thank you all, and many others, for your support during this time.
Kathy Savich and family, Leonardtown