- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
A Cobb Island couple were displaced and their four dogs were killed the morning of Jan. 31 after the light and pump components of a fish tank sparked a fire in their living room, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office reported.
The 7:54 a.m. fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the home, located in the 17000 block of Duvall Drive, and another $50,000 in damage to its contents.
Thirty-nine firefighters from volunteer departments in Cobb Island, Bel Alton, La Plata, Newburg and King George, Va., had the fire under control in 30 minutes.
A Charles County sheriff’s deputy discovered the blaze. The home had working fire alarms.
The American Red Cross is assisting the couple.