- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
A Sunday afternoon accidental fire caused about $100,000 in damage to an Owings home.
At 12:57 p.m. Sunday, about 40 firefighters from the Dunkirk, Huntingtown, North Beach and Prince Frederick volunteer fire departments responded to a two-story, single-family home on Shade Tree Court in Owings for a reported fire, according to a Maryland State Fire Marshal’s press release. The fire was controlled in about 10 minutes.
The fire, which was discovered by an occupant, was ruled accidental, the press release states. Fire officials said the occupant noticed smoke coming from the chimney, and the fire spread up the side of the house.
No injuries were reported, and the fire caused about $100,000 in structural damage, officials said.