- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
A woman received burns to her arms during a Wednesday morning fire in her Lusby home.
At 6 a.m. Wednesday, about 10 firefighters from the Solomons and St. Leonard volunteer fire departments responded to a Cove Point Road home in Lusby for a reported fire, according to a Maryland State Fire Marshal’s press release.
Fire officials said the accidental fire, which was discovered by a passerby, began after the homeowner tried to light a kerosene heater when nearby combustibles ignited.
The fire took about 20 minutes to control and the homeowner received minor burns to her arms, officials said. The homeowner was taken to Calvert Memorial Hospital, the press release states, where she was treated and released.