ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


FEATURED JOBS



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Print this Article
advertisement

A fire at 4:28 a.m. March 6 caused $10,000 in damage to a one-story, single-family home in Nanjemoy, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office reported.

The house in the 3700 block of Neighbors Place had a smoke alarm that did not activate, Deputy Fire Marshal Don Brenneman reported.

The occupant of the home, Dorice Johnson, received a minor burn on her hand and was treated and released on the scene, the report stated.

Eleven firefighters from the Nanjemoy Volunteer Fire Department responded and had the blaze under control in two minutes.

Brenneman said the fire was accidental and started under the front porch as a result of discarded smoking materials.