- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
No injuries were reported in a Monday afternoon accidental fire to an Owings home.
At 1:57 p.m. Monday, about 20 firefighters from the Dunkirk, Huntingtown, North Beach and Anne Arundel volunteer fire departments responded to a single-family home in the 9200 block of Blue Sky Court in Owings, according to a Maryland State Fire Marshal’s press release. The fire took about five minutes to control.
The accidental fire began in the interior of the attached garage and began as a result of an improperly disposed smoking material. A Calvert County Animal Control officer noticed smoke coming from the garage, stopped and met one of the occupants as he was leaving the house, the press release states. The fire departments arrived and contained the fire to the garage area.
The fire caused about $1,500 in damage.