Flash fire injures two at Beltsville auto shop -- Gazette.Net


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


RECENTLY POSTED JOBS



FEATURED JOBS


Loading...


Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Leave a Comment
Print this Article
advertisement

An outside gas leak in Beltsville sparked a flash fire that led to two workers suffering non-life-threatening burn injuries.

Just after 2 p.m. Friday, Prince George’s County firefighters responded to the 12300 block of Conway Road in Beltsville to a call of a flash fire, said Mark Brady, a county fire/EMS spokesman, in an email statement.

The two workers were operating on or near a forklift in an industrial complex, Brady wrote.

“The flash fire was fueled by what appears to be a break in a natural gas line underground and venting through the sewer system,” Brady wrote in the email.

The injured workers were taken to a burn unit for first and second degree burn treatment, Brady wrote.

As a precautionary measure, four buildings with about 50 employees in the immediate area were evacuated, Brady wrote.

“Washington Gas Company officials are on the scene and in the process of shutting down gas service to a portion of the industrial area,” Brady wrote. “No residents are affected.”



jlyles@gazette.net