ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


FEATURED JOBS



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Print this Article
advertisement

A fire in Waldorf originating in a refrigerator displaced residents Tuesday.

At 5:41 a.m. Sept. 17, 30 firefighters from volunteer departments in Waldorf, La Plata, Brandywine, Baden, Bryans Road, Clinton and Hughesville responded to the 2200 block of Old Washington Road in Waldorf for a house fire.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office reported that the fire was discovered by occupant Eli Espini and was ruled accidental from a malfunctioning compact refrigerator. The fire originated in a bedroom of the single-story, wood-framed house.

It took firefighters five minutes to control the one-alarm fire. Damage was estimated at $30,000.

According to Deputy Fire Marshal John Nelson, the occupants of the home were displaced and staying with friends.

A smoke alarm was present and operating at the time of the fire, according to Nelson’s report.

GRETCHEN PHILLIPS