Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
E-mail this article
Print this Article

Federal prosecutors reported Friday that a St. Mary’s man has been sentenced to more than 15 years in prison on cocaine charges, in a case where they allege the drug was picked up in the Glen Burnie area and brought to St. Mary’s to be changed into crack.

Damon Jerome Estep, 38, of California appeared that day in a Greenbelt courtroom before Chief U.S. District Judge Deborah K. Chasanow , the prosecutors report, to receive his penalty on the charges of conspiring to distribute and possession with intent to distribute five kilograms or more of cocaine hydrochloride and 280 grams of crack, technically cocaine base.

The investigation assisted by St. Mary’s sheriff’s narcotics officers led, the U.S. Attorney’s Office reports, to Estep’s plea agreement that, from February 2012 to April 2013, he conspired with Alrahman Sharif Allen, Jamar Holt and Jeffrey Kirk Berry to distribute cocaine and crack in the county. Holt provided Allen with cocaine and other drugs, according to the prosecutors’ office, and then regularly called Estep to coordinate the delivery of cocaine to Estep, Berry or other people from St. Mary’s.

Nearly every week, the prosecutors’ office reports, Estep, Berry and other people met Allen in the Glen Burnie area and paid Allen for one-fourth, one-half and one kilogram quantities of cocaine for further distribution in St. Mary’s by Estep and other people, at Estep’s direction.

“Once Berry and other [people] transported the cocaine back to their stash locations in St. Mary’s County, Estep and others would cook portions of the cocaine into crack, and distribute the cocaine and crack throughout Southern Maryland at Estep’s direction,” according to a release from the prosecutor’s office. “Estep stored the powder and crack cocaine in several locations, including ... in Great Mills [and] in Lexington Park. Estep and others sold the drugs at locations in Southern Maryland, including at a building located [along] Point Lookout Road” in St. Inigoes.

“That property has been seized and forfeited through the adjudication process,” sheriff’s Capt. Daniel Alioto said Friday of the former auto repair garage.

Allen, Holt and Berry previously pleaded guilty to their participation in the conspiracy and are awaiting sentencing, according to the federal prosecutors’ office.