- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
CSM to open at 5 p.m. Tuesday
All campuses of the College of Southern Maryland are to open at 5 p.m., Tuesday, March 4. Updates will be posted to ready.csmd.edu.
St. Mary’s schools closed Tuesday, other activities resume
The St. Mary’s County public schools are closed Tuesday, but St. Mary’s County government offices opened at the usual time. The county commissioners are holding their regular business meeting, with a budget work session beginning at 1:30 p.m.
All recreation and parks programs held in the public schools are canceled. However, the following recreation centers, facilities and programs will open at noon: the Leonard Hall, Margaret Brent, Carver and Hollywood Recreation Centers as well as Chancellor’s Run and the Great Mills Swimming Pool. The gymnastics center will open at 4:30 p.m. The Wicomico Shores Golf Course and Riverview Restaurant will be closed.
St. Andrews Landfill and six trash convenience centers opened on time. STS bus service began at 10 a.m.
All senior activity centers will open at noon. However, there will be no Meals on Wheels deliveries made.
All three St. Mary’s County Library branches will open at noon.
Pax River opening delayed Tuesday
Patuxent River Naval Air Station is opening with a four-hour delayed arrival schedule for Tuesday, March 4. Administrative leave will be granted for the hours before the four-hour delayed arrival. Critical employees must report to work as previously scheduled. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, telework or leave without pay for the entire work day. Check the NAS Pax River website and Facebook page for schedule changes to MWR services.
Charles County operating status for March 4
Due to inclement weather, Charles County government will open at 10 a.m. today, Tuesday, March 4. Essential personnel and employees required to maintain operations during inclement weather are to report to work as scheduled.
All VanGO services will operate on a two-hour delay today. Patrons should expect some delays during the morning hours until temperatures rise. MTA commuter bus service to Washington is operating on a regular schedule.
The following facilities and services are closed or canceled today:
• Community Centers
• Senior Centers
• Lackey and North Point high school pools
• Morning activities at Elite Gymnastics and Recreation Center
• Meals on Wheels program
The following facilities and services are operating on a delayed or modified schedule today:
• Charles County government (Opening at 10 a.m.)
• VanGO Transit Service (Two-hour delayed schedule; VanGO inclement weather hotline: 301-934-9305 ext. 5179)
• Charles County Landfill and Recycling Center (Opening at 10 a.m.)
• Pisgah Recycling Center (Opening at 10 a.m.)
• Crain Memorial Welcome Center (Opening at 10 a.m.)
• Tri-County Animal Shelter (Opening at 10 a.m.)
• Charles County Department of Health (Opening at 10 a.m.)
• Charles County Public Library, all branches (Opening at 11 a.m.; staff report at 10:45 a.m.)
• Circuit Court for Charles County (Opening at 11 a.m.)
• District Court of Maryland for Charles County (Opening at 11 a.m.)
• College of Southern Maryland (Opening at 11:30 a.m., weather permitting)
• Capital Clubhouse (Opening at noon)
Charles County government will provide additional operational status updates as warranted.
Charles curbside recycling collection to tesume today
The Charles County Department of Public Works will resume curbside recycling collection today, Tuesday, March 4. Monday “A” collection will take place Tuesday, March 4. Tuesday “A” collection will take place Wednesday, March 5. Thursday “A” and Friday “A” collection will take place as scheduled March 6 and 7, respectively. Residents are asked to place recycling carts curbside prior to 7 a.m. to ensure collection.
The Charles County landfill on Billingsley Road and the Pisgah Recycling Center were scheduled to re-open at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 4.
For more information, contact the Charles County Department of Public Works, Environmental Resources Division at 301-932-3440.