- The Enterprise
- The Recorder
The Calvert County Sheriff’s Office and the Huntingtown Volunteer Fire Department were among those that responded to a hazardous materials incident Monday at the County Services Plaza in Prince Frederick.
The building, located at 150 Main St., was evacuated at about 3 p.m. because of a chemical spill on the third floor, county employees working in the building said Monday. At about 3:26 p.m., officials shut the building down for the day, but allowed people who worked on the second floor to re-enter to pick up their belongings.
Lt. Dave Payne of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office described the event Monday as a hazardous materials incident that was in the process of being cleaned up.
Connie Clark, who works on the second floor of the building, said she did not see anything out of the ordinary during the evacuation.