ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT


FEATURED JOBS



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Delicious
E-mail this article
Print this Article
advertisement

The Waldorf home of Charles County commissioner candidate Amanda Stewart caught fire Friday afternoon following an electrical malfunction in the garage, the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal reported.

Stewart discovered the fire upon arriving home.

Twenty-five volunteers from the Waldorf and La Plata fire departments responded at 12:24 p.m. to the two-story, single-family home in the 6800 block of Jackrabbit Court.

Damage, estimated at $25,000, was limited to the garage. The fire was accidental, caused by an electrical malfunction, according to a report from Deputy Fire Marshal C. McMahon.

“We have extensive damage to our home, but everyone is OK,” Stewart said when reached by phone Friday afternoon.

Jeff Newman