Christ Church hosts its annual Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper on Tuesday, February 25, from 5 to 7 pm. Known regionally for its community suppers, the church puts on a classic pancake feast with pancakes, sausage, potatoes, apple sauce – all cooked and served by the men of the church. All are welcome. There is no charge; donations are welcome.
“The tradition of the Shrove Tuesday feast goes back to medieval times, when people sought to empty their pantries of rich foods in preparation for the Lenten fast beginning the next day, Ash Wednesday,” says the Rev. Kate Heicher, the church’s pastor. “We are a gathering spot for the communities of Cobb Neck and Newburg. Come and get all you can eat!”
The church will host an Ash Wednesday service with imposition of ashes the following day at noon. For more information, call the church at 301-259-4327, or check www.christchurchwayside.com
- Governor authorizes health departments to close 'unsafe' businesses
- Coronavirus cases hit 164 in Charles County
- Coronavirus update: confirmed Calvert cases near60
- Waldorf man charged with murder
- Lexington Park seafood restaurant destroyed by fire
- St. Mary's emergency services receives funds to aid county
- Locals’ writings are relevant to current crisis
- A special place for seniors
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.