The occupants of this two-story residence on Gershwin Road in Charlotte Hall were able to escape unharmed as a fire damaged the house. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, the blaze, which was reported shortly before midnight March 16, resulted in $200,000 damage. Investigators stated the fire originated in a first-floor storage room and may have been sparked by a stand-alone freezer.The Mechanicsville Volunteer Fire Department was the primary responding company and crews had the blaze under control in 30 minutes. The homeowners are being assisted by family and the American Red Cross, the fire marshal's office press release stated.
Sorry, an error occurred.
Subscribe to this newsletter to have the latest obituaries delivered to your inbox weekdays at 5:30 pm.
A roundup of SoMdNews Headlines delivered to your inbox twice weekly, for free!
Sign up with
Thank you .
Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in.
Check your email for details.
Invalid password or account does not exist
Sign in with
Submitting this form below will send a message to your email with a link to change your password.
An email message containing instructions on how to reset your password has been sent to the e-mail address listed on your account.
Secure & Encrypted
Secure transaction. Cancel anytime.
Your purchase was successful, and you are now logged in.
A receipt was sent to your email.