Funeral homes may place obituaries by going to www.memoriams.com.
The Maryland Independent provides obituaries for a fee. Obituaries must be confirmed by a funeral home, crematory, funeral director, mortician, or state anatomy board. If a family is not using a funeral home, such as when the remains are donated to science or for other exceptional circumstances, obituaries may be submitted online by going to https://placement.memoriams.com/MarylandIndependent. The deadline to place an obituary is 3 p.m. Monday for the Wednesday edition, and 3 p.m. Wednesday for the Friday edition. For more information, call 1-877-242-1110 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. or email email@example.com.
- Out of Bounds: Memorial Day weekend passes without any titles
- McDonough senior Burgess, Great Mills senior Simmerman awarded MPSSAA Minds in Motion scholarships
- Coaches reflect on a season that wasn't
- St. Charles junior DeShields commits to Robert Morris for women's basketball
- Coronavirus cases rise to 1,001 in Charles County; 68 deaths so far
- State fair is turning to the sun for energy
- Charles youth tryouts and registrations
- Charles sports briefs
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.