Actors from Bright Star Touring Theater put on a performance of "Let It Shine" on Monday evening at the Indian Head Village Green auditorium in honor of Black History Month. Sponsored by the Charles County Public Library’s Mobile Library, the 50-minute recounted the civil rights movement from 1955 until the assassination of Martin Luther King in 1968. The library is also sponsoring a theatrical production of “Douglass: Women’s Rights Man” on Thursday, Feb. 13, at 6 p.m. at the P.D. Brown Memorial Library in Waldorf.
Latest Special Section
- A ‘life and death crisis’: Hogan redesignates crime bills
- J.P. Home helps men struggling with addiction find new start
- St. Mary's could become Second Amendment sanctuary area
- Commissioners to meet Feb. 25
- Police briefs
- Waldorf lawyer running for a circuit court judge seat
- Shortest month packs a powerful historical punch
- Maryland courts put children first in new custody process
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.